It’s been some time since we published our last post, but we have been busy working on a variety of projects which will be releasing soon, More news on it later. For now coming back to our topic at hand, Top 5 CMS to develop your ecommerce website. This has been a constant questions that a lot of our clients have always asked, as which one will be the perfect ecommerce portal for their website, So we hope this post will help all you guys out there who have similar questions or doubts.
1. WordPress (Woo-Commerce)
WordPress is the most widely used CMS in the world, It’s an Open Source System, and free to use so anybody can use it. There are dozens of benefits of using WordPress over any other CMS that’s why its ranked 1st on our list. I will discuss it in detail in another post which we will publish in the future, for now I will list out all the major benefits in a list.
- It’s the most popular one &its free so Buyers are much more familiar with it!
- It’s compatible with multiple payment gateway systems , and Manual Integration is also possible.
- It’s Easy to Install & Maintain, which makes it more manageable on the long run.
- It’s got the biggest development community that there is, and has the largest number of compatible plugins.
- The CMS is very systematic , so customizing it is also very easy.
Click here to design and develop a WordPress ecommerce using woocommerce.
Magento has been the first name that comes to developers mind for years as a specially developed ecommerce based CMS system, and probably the second most used CMS for ecommerce website in USA & Europe.
- It’s aOpenSource System so the system is going to evolve much faster with time.
- It’s one of the first CMS to built specially for ecommerce website, so its features are exactly defined for it.
- The SEO score for this has been a 100. So it’s the best CMS considering SEO.
- It has multiple editions so depending on the budget & requirements you can choose your version.
- Magento offers handiest way to manage orders in a hassle-free way.
OScommerce is also a fairly popular platforms as well, With over 100,000 top exommerce websites developed on this CMS, It has a huge support base and a very active forum. All though a lot of the users say that the cms has not kept up with the current standards on the recent updates.
- Easy Installation and an easy-to-use user interface.
- Large support base with a considerably active forum.
- Large number of add-ons & plugins allowing you the ability to add further functionalities.
Shopify is one of the most famous & robust online platforms out there, With over 75,000 website and counting, Its catching up fast.
- Large number of free &Paid add-ons along with beautiful UI templates to create an attractive storefront.
- 24/7 customer support , they can be reached by phone, chat or email.
- Highly SEO comliant, So give you good response on search engine visibility as well.
OpenCart is especially popular with small businesses that don’t have anyone on staff with a lot of programming experience. It’s fairly simple, without a lot of the other functionalities found in other shopping cart software.
- Straightforward set up process is one of the major OpenCart benefits
- OpenCart shopping cart is lightweight e-Commerce solution that uses AJAX technology in order to reduce load time and thus increase store speed.